The new role for Procurement in aged care –
post Royal Commission
The challenge facing Procurement in the aged care sector
Together with the lasting impact of the Covid pandemic, changes in aged care protocols are here to stay. The common denominator of both the Royal Commission and the pandemic will be the firm desire to raise standards of care for older Australians.
Inevitably, better care will cost more and the vast majority of aged care operators will not be able to bare such increases easily. And any increases in government funding over the short and medium term will never be enough to cater for our significantly aging population.
The challenge for procurement in the aged care sector is nothing less than to help redesign the operating cost model to ensure high standards of aged care remain affordable indefinitely.
This event traditionally brings together the largest gathering in the country of Aged Care Procurement Leaders and their teams. Over 200 attendees are expected to attend this 7th annual PASA Aged Care Procurement Conference at Royal Randwick Racecourse on 23rd & 24th March – live and in person!
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
- Hear directly from the Minister of Aged Care on the views of the federal government regarding the crucial role of procurement in the aged care sector post Royal Commission
- Learn from other procurement leaders in the aged care sector on how they are forging and prioritising their procurement strategies through a range of CASE STUDY presentations from aged care providers large and small
- Understand how vendors are innovating and working to meet the changing needs of the aged care sector post-Covid and post-Royal Commission particularly
- Network with your peers and industry experts both throughout the event, but also at pre-arranged networking opportunities during the programmes including frequent refreshment breaks and the complimentary drinks reception on the evening of Day One at 5pm.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AND WHY
Buyers responsible for procurement of assets, goods or services for an aged care provider:
- Learn latest and best trends in aged care procurement and supplier/contract management
- Benchmark your current policies and procedures against industry best practice
- Build valuable relationships with fellow buyers
- Meet potential new suppliers in the extensive trade show
- Get out of the bubble of your own organisation and see how others are tackling the same issues you face on a day-to-day basis
Suppliers to the Aged Care Sector
- Meet key procurement decision makers and influencers from aged care providers. No other conference delivers you such a targeted audience
- Gain a better understanding of the challenges your customers are facing and how you might help address them
Don't miss this unique opportunity!
Meet potential new suppliers in the extensive trade show
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
This 7th Annual PASA Aged Care Procurement Conference will focus on how procurement can deliver against this challenge and will address the most critical procurement capabilities to deliver value to aged care organisations and their residents.
Primarily, the Minister for Aged Care, Senator The Hon Richard Colbeck, will introduce the event and will outline the challenge facing the procurement profession in this sector as seen by the federal government.
This core message will be supplemented by the national CEO of the Council for the Aging (COTA) the leading not-for-profit representing the rights and interests of Australians over 50.
Secondly, a range of senior procurement leaders from the sector will present case studies of how they are approaching this challenge for aged care providers both small and large and both not-for-profit and commercial operators.
Thirdly, a presentation over ZOOM from the UK, directly into the auditorium, will outline the impact of the UK CARE ACT 2014 on how the UK aged care sector now manages their supply side.
Finally, a collection of support providers to the aged care sector will offer short presentations on how they can directly help aged care providers reinvent the cost base of aged care in coming years.
Our World Class SpeakersView on the speakers page
Bringing together the largest gathering in the country of Aged Care Procurement Leaders and their teams