Social Media at Aged Care Procurement
Whether you are speaker, delegate, event partner, or exhibitor, social media is a great way for you to share what is happening at the Aged Care Conference, comment and ask questions.
- Share your opinions and ideas on LinkedIn or Twitter. This might include a quote from a plenary session, a message from a presenter or a comment about a seminar session.
- Ask questions! Discover the information you need to know – whether it be about something simple like wifi access or additional material from a presentation, or locating future colleagues with similar interests.
- Broaden your network! Chat to others on social media about sessions you have attended.
- ‘Meetup’ with those whom you have been interacting, following, over social media. It is always useful to put a face to a name!
- Maintain new connections virtually after the event. Social media allows you to keep up with what’s going on with the people in your network, and stay on top of trends they are following.
- Think of social media as taking notes, with the advantage of having dozens or even hundreds of others also taking notes and sharing them with you. You pick up ideas from sessions you could not otherwise attend, which can in turn spark discussions and connections.
- As a presenter, use social media to promote your upcoming session. Use the conference hashtag #PASAagedcare. Importantly include the day and time you are presenting as well as a link to more information if available.
- Interact with fellow speakers at the event on social media and let them know how much you are looking forward to meeting them and hearing their presentations.
- Post key messages about your presentation in real time. This enables you to get your content out in your own words – ahead of the responses and reactions of those in your audience. Alternatively you could provide your pre-written tweets to us or a colleague in the audience and ask them to post the tweets as you are presenting.
- Encourage feedback and report on the feedback post event. This will keep the buzz going and make your presentation discoverable long after the event has concluded.
- Social media gives you the opportunity to better engage your in-person audience and effectively reach people around the world who are interested in your topic
Event Partners and exhibitors
- Highlight your partner/exhibition booth by posting photos, videos and details on various social media platforms (remembering to use the event hashtag #PASAagedcare).
- Share the location of your booth and advise which of your team will be there
- Encourage visitors to your booth/table by highlighting what you have to offer. This could be new technology you have to show off, advice or the chance to go in the draw to win a prize.
Have you got some more suggestions about how we can use social media at the Aged Care Procurement Conference?
Email email@example.com or better still, contact us via social media!